Monday, March 26, 2012

999,878: Carly Rae Jepsen- Call Me Maybe


Every song has a shelf-life with me. Meaning: every song I can listen to X amount of times before I can't listen to it anymore. Sometimes that number is 1 (most Glee covers), sometimes that number is 1,000,000 to ∞ (most Beatles songs). Most of the time that number falls somewhere in between and I space out those listens in a normal natural fashion. However, a couple times a year, I get full blown addicted to a song and have to listen to 1000 times in a row. Such is the case with infectious smacked out pop confection "Call Me Maybe." Co-Written by Canadian Idol Carly Rae Jepson and fellow maple leaf Josh Ramsey, this hit of heroin music literally gets me high.

Why? The lyrics are silly and cliche, plus there's nothing particularly ground breaking about the production, but I. Can't. Get. Enough.

I think it's because of the prolific use of the words "crazy," "baby," and "maybe." When singing along, all those words force you to move your lips into the shape of a smile. So, the song forcibly cheers you up. Every time you sing along, you get a hit of happy. And it's addicting. I'm sure I'll get over if, but what if i don't? What if I'm doomed to only get musical pleasure from just one song?

No comments:

Post a Comment